To help you rank high and get that targeted traffic to your page, we have compiled a list of keyword research tools. These tools help you know how you can perform better. Keyword research and analysis is a crucial element when it comes to writing SEO content. Good quality keywords should form an integral part of your content if you wish to rank high in SERP. Mere coming up with content ideas and writing a random content without proper keyword research won’t give you desired results.
This tool helps you get profitable keywords for your website content and PPC campaigns.
It tells you about
- how competitive your keyword is
- what is the difficulty level associated with it and how difficult it would be for you to outrank your competitor for a particular keyword,
- search volume that gives you an idea of monthly searches and potential keywords
- SERP features that tell you what other queries and keywords are triggered when you type a particular keyword.
- It helps you in keyword clusters and also to get semantically related long-tail keywords for your business
- Helps you get unique and potential keywords by allowing different filters and match types so that you can target your search
To use the 7-day free trial you will have to register and login. You can also purchase any of the following plans that are generally billed annually.
- Pro($99 per month) – For freelancers, startups and in-house marketers with a limited budget
- Guru($199 per month) – For SMB and growing marketing agencies
- Business($399 per month) – For agencies, E-commerce projects and businesses with an extensive web presence
This tool helps you fine-tune your keyword and content strategy. It neatly enlists all data and metrics so that the user can effectively prioritize and plan the keyword list instead of spending time in deciphering complex data.
It combines data from a variety of sources so as to be one of the credible and vetted quality keyword databases. It brings to you results with more than 95% accuracy and tells you how you can rank better on SERP.
- Easily exports your data in CSV format
- Generates and saves keyword lists
- Analyzes keywords by search volume
- Can analyse keywords based on a particular country so that you can take your keyword strategy at a global level
- Check difficulty level and organic click-through-rates and enlist metrics for the same
You can either use a 30-day free trial and make an account or purchase the tool from the following plans:-
- Standard ($99 per month) – If you are a beginner, this plan shall suit you the best.
- Medium ($149 per month) – many people buy this plan and get full access to the keyword research tool.
- Large ($249 per month) – This is for businesses and agencies that demand rigorous research options.
- Premium ($599 per month) – best suited for SEO agencies and other premium enterprises.
3. Google Adwords: Google Keyword Planner
This is a very powerful tool and has been a favourite of many people since years. It gives you accurate results especially if you target the Google search engine.
- It tells you a range of average monthly searches rather than exact values
- Lets you know if the competition for the keywords is high or low
- Gives you other relevant and similar keyword ideas which are hard to find on other tools
- Also lets you know the bid if you are using Adwords
Above all, Google Keyword Planner provides all these ideas and data absolutely free.
This is another amazing tool that gives you thoughtful insights about keyword research. It has a database of billions of keywords and helps you know the traffic potential of the keywords you desire.
- Get detailed data about your search query
- You can select your search engine here- Google, Bing, Yahoo etc. and get the detailed data specifically for that particular search engine
- Keyword difficulty and how many backlinks you would need to rank in top 10 for that particular keyword
- Average monthly search volume and percentage of clicks they receive
- Global volume data breakdown by specific country so that you can target your audience effectively
- Tells you about parent topic as well i.e- if you can rank for your keyword using a more general topic (more popular queries)
- SERP position history, so that you know which pages are ranking in top 5 positions for your target keyword
- SERP overview: where you get to know top 10 pages ranking for your keyword and associated detailed data for the same, like the number of backlinks, search traffic and the total number of keywords they rank for, along with the domains that provide backlinks to the pages
- It gives you numerous keyword ideas for blog topics(link to blog ideas post) which are categorised into phrase match, having similar terms etc.
The monthly plans offered by Ahref for freelancers, mid-sized businesses and other agencies are as follows:
- Lite – $99
- Standard – $179
- Advanced – $399
- Agency – $999
This tool also offers a 7-day trial for $7 in its Lite and Standard subscription plans.
The Keyword Tool is a popular tool to get keywords and ideas for your content.
- It allows you to do research and analysis for your keywords across multiple search engines including Google, YouTube, Bing, Amazon, Play Store etc.
- Displays search volume, trends, CPC, competition for related keywords.
- Allows you to export results in CSV/Excel format
- Simple interface hence can be easily used by beginners
- Also lists the trends and related keywords on the side of your browser screen
- The Keyword Tool Pro uses Instagram autocomplete and lets you know popular hashtags so that you get traffic on your Instagram posts and stories.
This is a Saas product that helps you find keywords for your website and other mobile apps. It offers monthly and annual packages which are easily accessible.
KW Finder by Mangools KW Finder is a keyword research and analysis tool that helps you find long-tail keywords with low SEO difficulty. To know more about KW finder you can visit the guide here.
- You can find a list of related keywords from its huge database
- Search keywords anywhere and in any language
- You can narrow down your search for keywords to city level too
- Use filter to eliminate low-traffic and high difficulty keywords
- It gives you the options of importing bulk keywords and exporting the results
- Tells you about the search volume, trends, CPC, PPC, keyword difficulty for your related keywords
- You can also search the keywords by domain here. This lets you know about the keywords that your competitor is ranking for.
- Also in search by domain option, it tells you about paid and organic searches.
- You can register your Mangools account and start with a free trial for 10 days. It lets you use almost all features.
- Or you can buy their annual/monthly plans. The annual plans are budget-friendly and let you save some 40% as compared to monthly plans.
- Mangools Basic – $49 per month
- Mangools Premium – $69 per month
- Mangools Agency – $129 per month
LongTail Pro can easily get you low difficulty and high-traffic keywords. Long tail keywords are setting up new standards in SEO and LongTail Pro helps you match the standards.
- Find keywords from a large database
- Helps you generate long-tail unique keywords in a matter of minutes from one or more root keywords
- Can generate keywords across various niche
- Helps you determine keyword profitability by telling you the rank value through the rank tracker
- Dissects your competitor’s keyword strategy so that you can get a better understanding of keywords
They provide you with a 7-day free trial when you sign up. Also, give you 10 days money-back guarantee on all plans. Their plans are as follows:
- Annual Agency – ($98 per month) For agencies and other large enterprises
- Annual Pro – ($45 per month) For mid-sized companies
- Annual Starter – ($25 per month) For starters and freelancers
SpyFu is an American search analytics company based out of Scottsdale, Arizona
- Helps you get the data like search volume, CPC for bulk added keywords
- Helps you find quality backlinks for specific keywords
- Generates keyword ideas which can be filtered based on CTR, PPC search volumes etc.
- Tells about ranking history of a page or a website based on target keyword
- SERP analysis- finds ranking factors for each keyword
- Membership starts at $33 per month
- Offers unlimited data and downloads
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Ornamental title:- Role of Syptus tool in identifying trending/upcoming keywords and queries
Though these tools can help you a great deal in ideating content but the need for a dedicated content ideation(link to pillar content) role can’t be fulfilled by mere tools; it needs human intervention which can’t be ruled out.